Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship seminar
DATE: WEDNESDAY 20TH MAY 2020 TIME: 3PM
Prince Evans Solicitors welcome you to a FREE Facebook Live online seminar with a live Q&A.
Ben Davies, Partner and Head of the Wills, Trusts & Probate Team will be presenting on the topic of Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship. This is a prime opportunity to ensure that you leave nothing to chance for those you care about, and Ben will provide a clear, structured insight into these topics:
Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA)
• why you should consider having one;
• what the latest legislation (EPA vs. LPA) means for you;
• how to choose the most appropriate type of LPA for your circumstances;
• what those involved in LPAs have to do; and
• what else you can do if a person lacks mental capacity.
• What options are available if a loved one has lost mental capacity and you need to look after their affairs.
How you can obtain a Deputyship Order, how long does it take and how much does it cost.
• What you, as Deputy, can and cannot do on behalf of the patient, taking into account their needs.
• If you have been appointed as a Deputy, what records of decisions you have made on behalf of the patient, and what evidence of transactions, letters and reports must be kept.
• How to draw up a Statutory Will for someone who has lost their mental capacity.
Following the presentation there will be a live Q & A session for anyone wishing to ask questions. If you would prefer to put forward questions anonymously, please email email@example.com prior to the seminar.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to this interactive event that promises to be both informative and engaging.
There is no need to register for this. Just
‘like’ the Facebook page and pop online at
3pm on Friday 15th May.