Child Support & Maintenance in the UK

In most cases, the Courts no longer have power to make orders for child support except by agreement. Therefore an application has to be made to the Child Support Agency for child maintenance to be assessed. The CSA website can be helpful: New rules on child support payments came into effect in April 2003.