Employment is an important area for our team. We act for employees and employers on all non-contentious and contentious employment issues. For employers we assist:
- Owner-managed businesses
- Large multi-national companies
- Registered social landlords
Our specialist employment team’s expertise includes:
- Drafting and negotiating employment contracts and service agreements
- Drafting and advising on employment policies and procedures, including staff handbooks
- Equal opportunities and discrimination advice
- Schedule 1 issues for registered social landlords
- Redundancy programmes
- Drafting and negotiation settlement agreements and severance packages
- Pensions advice
We have vast experience in prosecuting and defending employment cases including unfair dismissal claims before an Employment Tribunal based on sex, race, redundancy, disability discrimination or TUPE.
We can assist in the enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality.
We are experts in the transfer of undertakings (TUPE) advice. This can include:
- Staff transfer following the sale of a business
- The award of a tendered contract
- Stock transfers to a registered social landlord
- NHS Trusts and local authorities following re-provisionary location projects
We advise on the consequential assumptions of employment, pension and redundancy liabilities.
We keep employer clients updated as to this ever-changing area of law, so as to keep policies and procedures compliant and avoid employment tribunal claims.
Contact the business legal team to discuss your employment problem.